Wellbeing & Support
Resource Hub for University Support
While you are at University it’s normal to need support from others. The University has a range of services which can help you. You can read more about a range of services below.
You can also find a lot of this information on the University’s website: https://students.leeds.ac.uk/
- General Help and Advice
- Academic Support
- Making friends and meeting people
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
General Help and Advice
Student Information Service
If you need to speak to someone while you are settling in, the Student Information Service Can help you navigate your studies, find out what you need to know, and put you in touch with the right people if you need more specialist support or advice.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Face to face: Information Points are open from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday:
- Beech Grove House campus map link | Google map link
- Chemical and Process Engineering campus map link | Google map link
- Maurice Keyworth building campus map link | Google maps link
- Parkinson Building campus map link | Google map link
- Worsley building campus map link | Google map link
The Leeds University Union (LUU) Help and Support
Offers professional, friendly service that can help with any problems relating to life as a student.
- Phone the LUU Help and Support team: 0113 3801400
- Email the LUU Help and Support team: email@example.com
- Visit the LUU Help and Support website
Student ID Cards and Official Documents
Student ID cards for new students and replacements for lost, stolen and expired cards. Official documents, including Registration Status Certificates (proof of student status) Council Tax Exemption Certificates, Certificate of Module Enrolment, current student Transcripts and Bank Letters.
International Student Office
Provides arrival and orientation services to help you have a great start at Leeds. We can also help with questions related to preparing, arriving and settling in, and other enquiries related to being a student from outside the UK.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (specifically welcome queries)
- email@example.com (International Student office)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for student visa advice)
If students require academic support with their studies, they should contact their personal tutor. All students should be allocated a personal tutor during their studies.
If a student is unsure of who their personal tutor is and how to contact them, they can find out more here: https://students.leeds.ac.uk/info/10109/study_support/797/your_academic_personal_tutor
Any concerns regarding this can be sent to the student’s school, and details for each school can be found here: https://students.leeds.ac.uk/info/10102/registration/1186/how_to_get_in_touch_with_your_school
Provides workshops, online resources and practical information to help develop study skills
Making friends and meeting new people
Residence Life Events
Throughout the year the Residence Life team runs events and activities open to all residences. These events are a good opportunity for you to meet others and to try something new! Previous events have included craft sessions, day trips, hiking trips, sports days, pub quizzes and pet therapy.
Each residence also has a Social Committee made up of student volunteers who run events just for your residence. It’s a great opportunity to meet other people living at your residence!
Residence Life Social Committee Programme
We encourage you to join the Residence Life Social Committee at your residence. These committees provide an opportunity for you to run events for your fellow residents. You’ll work with a budget and develop key professional skills including teamwork, running meetings and collecting feedback.
The University Buddy Scheme
The University Buddy Scheme offers friendship and peer support to help you feel at home and part of our community. The scheme is open to all students and you can apply at any point during your student journey. You'll be matched with a new or returning student who has similar interests from anywhere in the University at the same study level as you.
- Website: https://students.leeds.ac.uk/universitybuddy
- Email: email@example.com
Join a Club or Society in Leeds University Union
To find out more about the more than 300 clubs and societies at Leeds University Union (LUU), check out the ultimate guide to clubs & societies! Joining a club or society is a great way to meet new people and to make friends that share similar interests to you.
Global Community is an organisation in the University of Leeds that provides opportunities, resources and organises social events for international students. This includes the Global Café event, run weekly in term-time.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering opportunities and other projects are also available for international students:
Many LGBTQ+ students choose to join the LGBTQ+ Society and they provide a lot of resources and social events to help you meet new people.
Many neurodivergent students choose to join the LUU Neurodivergent Society. They regularly run socials and activities to help you meet new people.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
Student Counselling and Wellbeing
If you are experiencing a mental health difficulty, the Mental Health team can provide a range of free, confidential support appropriate to your personal and academic needs.
- Email the Student Counselling and Wellbeing team: email@example.com
- Visit the Counselling and Wellbeing website: https://students.leeds.ac.uk/counsellingandwellbeing
- Register for support through the Student Counselling and Wellbeing Hub
- Joining wellbeing groups and workshops.
- External services and wellbeing resources which offer support related to experiences and life events which may impact on your emotional, psychological and physical wellbeing
Report & Support
Service where student can anonymously or provide their contact details tell if they witnessed or experienced an incident of concern to a member of Misconduct and Harassment Team
An online mental health service offering a safe and anonymous support community. The service offers 24/7 online peer and professional support with trained counsellors, and additionally provides resources to help manage and improve your mental health and wellbeing.
Confidential pastoral support and drop-in for students of all faiths and worldviews.
Main Office Contacts
Lead Chaplain Contact Info
- Name: Rev. Anthea Colledge
- Phone: 07851 756696
- Email: A.Colledge@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Emmanuel Centre G.03
Muslim Student Advisor
- Name: Rabbi Zecharia Deutsch
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.mychaplaincy.co.uk/
The Plus Programme
The Plus Programme is a support network for students from backgrounds that are under-represented at university
- Website: https://www.leeds.ac.uk/student-success/doc/plus-programme
- Email: email@example.com
The University of Leeds has a dedicated Disability Services team who work with disabled students and their academic department to recommend available support and adjustments.
If you have a disability, it’s important to register with Disability Services:
You can visit the Disability Services office on the ground floor of the Chemistry West Block. You can also arrange a call with a disability advisor by calling +44 (0)113 3433927 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
If you have questions about exam arrangements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Each School or Faculty will also have a range of Disability contacts, and you can search through them here: https://students.leeds.ac.uk/disabledstudents .
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0113 343 3927 (Reception, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
- Website for more information: https://students.leeds.ac.uk/info/10710/disability-services
- Read Next
- Grocery Bingo! Clear your clutter for a cause! March 1st: Self Harm Awareness Day Get Out Get Active - Trip to Flamborough Head Muslim student life in Leeds: Let us know your suggestions! Muslim student life in Leeds: Introduction Muslim student life in Leeds - Groceries Theatre Trip - Macbeth Muslim student life in Leeds: Mosques Muslim student life in Leeds: Prayer spaces
- Join your Hall's Facebook Group All the uni essentials you NEED to pack Check out the student housing checklist! Protecting yourself from fraud and scammers Join the Residence Life Social Committee Programme Cosy coffee shops in Leeds How to spend your first fortnight in Leeds How to do your laundry in halls Welcome to Residence Life Your campus guide