Cookie Consent by
a close up of tools

Essential Info

How to report maintenance issues

By LucyMcDonald 11 Aug 2023

We want to make sure you are happy where you live while you’re with us. We are responsible for providing you with secure accommodation, which includes maintaining the property and sorting out any maintenance issues. We can only fix maintenance issues, when we know about them, which is why it’s important to report any faults you notice in your room or flat.

Reporting a fault

If you find something is not working properly in your room or in the communal areas, you should log the fault via the Maintenance tab in the Accommodation Portal. This allows the residence staff to send you updates on the progress of your request.

To log onto the portal use you the same log in details that you used when you applied for accommodation. When you are logging your request, it is important to include as much detail as possible – this helps us ensure we can get faults fixed as quickly as possible.

If you are living in one of our partnered sites (Carlton Hill, CitySide, James Baillie Park, Leodis, Clarence Dock Village, or Royal Park Flats), or are having trouble accessing the Accommodation Portal, then you can report the fault to the staff in your residence reception.

If you discover the fault outside office hours and you think it could be a safety risk, please contact the Residence Life Assistant on duty and/or University Security Services on (+44) 0113 343 5494.

Planned maintenance

From time to time staff or contractors will need access to your flat or room to inspect the communal areas or for statutory planned maintenance, like fire alarm tests. We will give you advance notice of such visits.

LucyMcDonald profile picture

LucyMcDonald Marketing Executive for Residence Life. Fun fact: I'm a Leeds native and I specialised in VFX and CGI before having a career change and getting into the wonderful world of Marketing!
View All Posts


How To,