Cookie Consent by
Disability Support

Wellbeing & Support

Disability Support

By LucyMcDonald 11 Aug 2023

Living in Halls with a Disability

A disability, medical condition or mental health issues can affect your accommodation requirements, and if so it’s important that you tell the Accommodation about this when you are applying for accommodation. If you tell the Accommodation Office about your disability, they can try to make adjustments before you move into Halls. You can see more information about completing an additional requirements form on the Accommodation Website.

If something changes while you are living in Halls and you need a specific requirement or adjustment in your accommodation, please let the Accommodation Office know and they will try to offer help and support.

You can reach the Accommodation Office by:

  • Email: (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
  • Phone: 0113 343 7777 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)

Please also feel free to reach out to your Residence Life Warden, Residence Life Assistants or the Central Residence Life team about your disability if you feel like you need additional support or help contacting Disability Services.

You can reach Residence Life by:

  • Email the central residence life team: (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
  • Phone the central residence life team: 0113 343 5068 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)

Disability Services

The University of Leeds has a dedicated Disability Services team who work with disabled students and their academic department to recommend available support and adjustments.

If you have a disability, it’s important to register with Disability Services:

1. Complete a short sign-up form

2. Provide suitable evidence of your disability

You can visit the Disability Services office on the ground floor of the Chemistry West Block. You can also arrange a call with a disability advisor by calling +44 (0)113 3433927  (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).

If you have questions about exam arrangements, please see this dedicated webpage or contact Each School or Faculty will also have a range of Disability contacts, and you can search through them here: .

Contact Disability Services

Disabled Student Allowances

You may be eligible for Disabled Students Allowances through Student Finance. This is none means-tested funding for support during your studies that could include an equipment allowance, non-medical helper allowance (1 to 1 tuition or mentoring), a travel allowance and a general allowance for additional other study-related costs arising from your disability. Please contact Disability Services for support with your application. 

You can read more about other financial support options for disabled students here.

LucyMcDonald profile picture

LucyMcDonald Marketing Executive for Residence Life. Fun fact: I'm a Leeds native and I specialised in VFX and CGI before having a career change and getting into the wonderful world of Marketing!
View All Posts